Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Clarifying

I mentioned during my running blog that Bruce Arena reacted to Dema Kovalenko's red card the same way he did against Italy last year. What he actually did was that thing where he motioned toward the field with both arms extended, kind of like swatting in front of him. I don't know if that was when Mastroeni was sent off or something else. I can't find any pictures of him doing that.

It just struck me as funny at the moment. I know I threw off some people with that so I apologize. I suppose I thought most people would know what I was talking about. But if you'd see it, you'd remember.

Anyway, here's the reaction story for MLSnet.com about the match.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't Bruce do that thing after Beasley's goal was called off against Italy?

Unknown said...

dude, that's f$%^@in' hilarious.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised Bruce didn't do something else he did at the WC and that is to blame Donovan for his team's loss.