Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Where my girls at?

Sometimes I get an email from a reader who wants to know why I'm not writing more about women's soccer. That sometimes bothers me, because I wonder if the implication is that I'm supposed to be writing about women's soccer just because I'm female.
Then I wonder if they just aren't reading all the articles I do write on the women's game. It's difficult though, because the women don't have a top pro league right now. It's hard to sell or pitch articles on the women's national team when there are dry spells between competitions.
That said, the US women's team is starting camp today in Carson, gearing up for their run at the World Cup this year. There's a lot of focus and intensity for this new group to prove themselves and take home the top prize.

No comments: