Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Scandal revealed!

Or something.

So here's the definitive word on the whole "Landon Donovan insulted UNIVISION" episode, from the man himself.


"[What happened] On the field? Well, our press officer always tells me, 'Don’t do anything' until he lets me know. Usually I go over to the ESPN guys immediately. [Univision] kind of ran out on the field and threw the mike in my face. I said, 'What do I do?' and was told, 'Get out of there, get off the field.' Afterwards, I saw the guy, he’s a nice guy, and I felt bad and said, 'Sorry dude, but that’s what I was told to do.' I guess they were live and they couldn’t do it again. It was kind of a bummer."

2 comments:

L.B. said...

Dammit A.C., there you go spoiling perfectly good rumors and innuendo with some good, old-fashioned reporting. Gee, thanks.

A.C. said...

What's funny is that the scenario you guessed happened was practically exactly what did happen.