Actually, I won't be home to fire up the grill and cook up some tasty burgers or skewers for anybody today... but it sure does sound good.
Some teams deserve a day off today based on performances from the weekend. Others deserve extra work for their own putrid effort.
1. Columbus (12-6-4). The Eastern Conference/Supporter's Shield is theirs to lose - seven of remaining eight games against Eastern teams.
2. Houston (9-5-8). Everything is coming together for two-time defending champions.
3. New England (11-6-5). Dropping points against weak western team at home is not how Revs will win the East.
4. Chicago (10-7-5). The first of many Blanco-to-McBride goal combinations did not result in win.
5. DC United (10-10-2). Louis Crayton picks up his third shutout for DC.
6. New York (8-6-8). Road shutout and point sign of good club as New York carries over solid play on road.
7. San Jose (6-9-7). Earthquakes well on their way toward improbable playoff run.
8. Real Salt Lake (8-8-6). Must hold serve at home if RSL wants to reach playoffs for first time.
9. Chivas USA (7-9-6). Atiba Harris throws in yet another standout effort.
10. FC Dallas (6-8-8). Tough loss but it did come against MLS' best team.
11. Kansas City (6-8-8). Actually scored a goal on the road, and a nice one at that, but went for nothing.
12. Toronto FC (7-9-6). Suicide defending led to nothing on the road yet again.
13. Los Angeles (6-9-7). Turns out Josh Wicks is no better than Steve Cronin.
14. Colorado (7-12-3). Rapids may as well start thinking about 2009.