1. D.C. United (16-6-5). Supporters' Shield within reach after 4-1 drubbing of Toronto.
2. Chivas USA (14-6-6). Hold their own Western Conference fate in their hands.
3. Houston (14-7-6). If Sunday was a playoff preview, first round will be a breeze.
4. New England (14-6-7). Scrappy win over supposed playoff contender.
5. Chicago (8-10-9). Nearly beat league's best home team.
6. New York (11-10-6). Snatched a point at home as playoff spot draws near.
7. Kansas City (10-11-7). Swapped spots despite a loss because losing 1-0 at home...
8. FC Dallas (12-11-4). ...ain't nearly as bad as getting smashed 3-0 at home.
9. Los Angeles (7-13-6). Teasing fans late in the season yet again.
10. Columbus (7-9-11). Horrendous. Just plain horrendous.
11. Real Salt Lake (5-13-9). Nearly left New York with a win.
12. Colorado (7-12-8). Does this team even care?
13. Toronto (5-15-6). Finally, a light at the end of the tunnel for Toronto FC fans - Oct. 3: Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Ottawa Senators.
(It's my daughter Yvie's fourth birthday today. Princess party time at the Bueno house. Yay.)