Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Angel chat, part 1

JPA did an ESPN Deportes chat, which I've translated here. One notable aspect was not a single question concerned his current team. Red Bull New York.

JPA: Hi everyone, I'm happy to be here to chat, so let's get to the questions.


Jesus: Do you think that Colombia has the roster to be able to qualify for the 2010 World Cup?

JPA: Without a doubt. We have things we need to improve, but if the team continues with the form it now has, there's time for that work.

Alex: What are the chances that you'll return to wear green? We need a goalscorer like you.

JPA: I would love to return, but I've got a contract with the league and my team that I have to complete.

Cabimas: What was your experience in England like?

JPA: Incredible. I grew a lot as a professional and as a person. It's the most difficult league in the world.

Plata: Angel, come back to River, you're an idol.

JPA: I would love to return to River. I've always said that the team has a special place in my heart.

Alejandro: How do you feel that Pinto didn't call you in when you were having a great year in 2007?

JPA: It gives me a little bit of nostalgia, but like always, I support the team in good and bad and whatever players are called in.

Alfonso: Would you like to return to England?

JPA: I see that as very unlikely. I consider that chapter finished.

Pablo: That goal you scored against Boca in 1999 - was that the most unforgettable?

JPA: It was unforgettable and it's one of the goals that I celebrated the most.

Carlos: Would you like to return to the national team?

JPA: Of course I'd like to return, but I do think the players there now are the perfect age to prepare for the World Cup.

Roberto: Do you think Honduras has the team that can beat Mexico and get to the World Cup?

JPA I like Reinaldo a lot, and the players do have what it takes to get to the World Cup. It's possible to beat Mexico. Against Belize, Mexico won and that's what matters in these types of matches.

No comments: