Sunday, April 8, 2007

On behalf of the media...

Sorry about the David Beckham overkill.

I'm watching Galaxy Live awaiting the Galaxy-Dynamo match and they just had a story on David Beckham. It was a good five-seven minutes of highlights, interviews with Galaxy players, clips of Beckham's press conference. I was getting irritated. What about the game tonight? What about the lineup or the pressures of reaching the playoffs and get on a new consecutive playoff streak? No, instead, we got a good chunk on Beckham.

But then I realized that I had written about Beckham in my PE Galaxy season preview. I felt a little ashamed. I slipped back into fan mode for a minute. I guess I want my Galaxy fix but not necessarily my Beckham fix. Now, to be fair, I talked about what the team needed to do ahead of Becks' arrival.

I guess there is no way of covering the Galaxy right now without talking about David Beckham. Already, I'm going to write another Beckham-related story for Thursday's PE section.

Anyway, I might switch over to TeleFutura to check out their coverage of the Galaxy-Dynamo game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coverage of Beckham is fine, but non-coverage of important player transitions is puzzling. Couple of days before the season starats, Yallop signs Ian Russell, who, afaik, has been coaching youth teams in the San Jose area for the last year or two. And presto, he starts Game 1 at Houston, and as of nearly an hour into the game, is still playing.

What gives? Why did the Galaxy feel the need to bring him back, and how did he come to start game 1?