Sunday, April 29, 2007

Underground

This is something new this year at Galaxy games. Yesterday was the second Galaxy home game and The Underground was up and running. I don't know what The Underground is. A few of us writers were trying to figure it out. One speculated that it's a place for people who sit on the field can go and hang out. My guess is they want some cool chic place for people to chill at and make it some trendy hot spot. To the right of this is the tunnel that leads to the field, so players walk right by here on their way to the locker rooms (which are also to the right, our left).

I'll have to take a picture of it after the next home game, on May 12. I took this picture on Thursday when there wasn't anybody down in The Underground. Yesterday, the door was open and there were some people inside but I couldn't really see too far in there. Plus, I wasn't exactly paying attention to it.

If anybody has been to The Underground or wants to share info with us, that would be cool.

2 comments:

A.C. said...

The underground looks like an in stadium pub to me. I didn't have my camera when I went by, but it's set up like a club lounge. Unlike the posh Stadium Club on the upperlevel, there is no view of the field. I think it's for hanging out in before and after games, since you can't watch the match in there, except on TV, and why would you do that when the game is on right outside?

Anonymous said...

They have a private bar/lounge down in the tunnel near the visitor lockerroom at Staples Center for the celebs at halftime. It's probably the same thing (minus Jack Nicholson).