Friday, April 27, 2007

The Women's Restroom

Thinking back to the Mike Penner/Christine Daniels topic, it occured to me that Christine will be using the women's restroom whenever she covers an event at the Home Depot Center.

If so, she'll have to share with the guys.

That's because inside the press suite at the Home Depot Center, the restrooms are small, single use rooms. There are no stalls. (There are a bunch of public use restrooms nearby, but for those who want to stay in the cocoon of the press box, there's only one room for each gender).

Because there's a rush to use the bathroom during halftime, the male reporters often use the one marked "Women".

I remember once when I was washing my hands, an insistent knock on the door startled me a little. I opened the door to find TV announcer Rob Stone with one hand upraised to knock again and the other holding a beige compact.

He looked surprised - I think he thought one of his coworkers was inside.

"Sorry," he apologized, indicating the compact. "I've got to put my makeup on right now."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha

Like Rob doesn't get enough of a hard time for being a pretty boy. You post a story about him needing to rush into a lady's bathroom to put his makeup on.

I'm sure he'll appreciate you sharing that story. :-)

A.C. said...

At the end of the day, no matter how many mildly embarrasing stories I share about Rob, he still has a TV contract (which is why he wears the makeup) and I don't.

He'll be fine.