Tuesday, April 24, 2007

More Frank-ness

So my Press-Enterprise column never made it to the web. I guess it was a paper-exclusive so unless you live in the IE (Riverside, San Bernardino counties) you probably didn't get a chance to read it.

Anyway, one more interesting thing Frank Yallop told me about the Open Cup:

“It’s great to have that run to make that final,” Yallop said. “But when you don’t win it, you kind of look back at it and ask ‘Did it get in the way of our run to the playoffs?’”

Then he pretty much said yes, which was the quote I previously posted.

As far as Tuesday's Galaxy win, they'll be hosting the Red Bulls which means one more game to cover and more money and a chance to see Juan Pablo Angel and Jozy Altidore and my boy Todd Dunivant in person. So I can't complain about that. No date yet has been set, at least none that I've seen but it will probably be in May. I just hope it's not at the Track and Field Stadium. Say what you want about quaint. I want comfort.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry. We're not playing an amateur team from Texas or Chivas.:)