Friday, April 27, 2007

Anticipating

My Clasico advance is up on MLSnet.com.

A couple of the more interesting quotes:

I'd actually never interviewed Lawson Vaughn before Thursday. I can't believe it. I felt stupid. We had a good five-minute chat. I sat on the team bench next to him after all the starters were done for the day, on the field anyway. We talked about how the team was going to mark Landon Donovan, about his own motivation to succeed in MLS after he slipped to the Supplemental Draft and his future.

Anyway, about the Clasico:

"Before the season starts," Chivas USA defender Lawson Vaughn said, "we look on the schedule to see when we're playing the Galaxy."

I also jumped in on an interview with Claudio Suarez on Tuesday. Colleague Troy Santiago asked Suarez if he felt that Chivas should be the favorites going into the game:

"From the way we've played and the results we've gotten, we're the favorites coming in and we're not going to back down from that responsibility."

No comments: