Monday, April 9, 2007

Telefutura - FSN West

I watched the Galaxy-Houston game on both channels Sunday. I watched the first half on TeleFutura and the second half on FSN. I enjoyed the match better when it was on TeleFutura. It was just a better product, mostly because of the announcers. There's a style in Spanish that can't be duplicated in English.

I was very happy to see that the TeleFutura announcers were at the game and not in a studio like they and Univision do for Mexican league games. I hope that it is like that every week and not just for special occasions. Those guys did well. They did pronounce Craig Waibel as Craig Wibble but that was the only bad mispronunciation as far as I could tell. Overall they showed strong knowledge of the league and players on the teams.

Kudos to TeleFutura for producing a good telecast and here's hoping for more. I just hope there were more viewers than myself.

3 comments:

A.C. said...

Maybe I'm crazy, but I do think it's possible to duplicate the part with knowledgeable and enthusiastic announcers. They just haven't done it yet. We need to campaign for Andres Cantor to be hired in English.

Toddzilla said...

I came across the game last night on a random local station - I didn't even know I was able to see it. I ended up catching most of the 2nd half.

Anyway, I speak virtually no Spanish but I really enjoyed it. Granted, we didn't get a "Famous Freds" graphic in Spanish, but it worked.

Anonymous said...

I agree, the Telefura broadcast was really good. I'll definitely watch games on Telefutura again!