Wednesday, April 11, 2007

More Merlin



(By the way, it's pronounced Mer-lawn)

Here are some more pictures from the resident Frenchman. I've only seen him in limited time so I can't give a great assessment of him. He's not as fast as Maykel Galindo but he's got speed. I think he's got more pace and touch than brawn. The few times I saw him in game action, I remember thinking that he wasn't aggressive enough. He did score a goal in one game I saw, on a breakaway against the Red Bulls on March 14.

So between John Cunliffe, Matt Taylor and Laurent Merlin, Preki has three options off the bench. Cunliffe has the most potential but Merlin has more upside than Taylor. Galindo is clearly the starter and Razov just needs to stay healthy so the job for this trio will be to provide competition during training and the ability to add punch off the bench. Cunliffe picked up an assist against Toronto off the bench so the contributions have started already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Laurent, showing has Galaxy which they should have kept you !!

Go Galaxy Go