Saturday, April 14, 2007

A Galaxy of stars

Okay, so now I've got the Crew-RSL match on my laptop and the Kansas City-DC game on the tv. I'm going to bring my desktop out here so I can get another game... okay, maybe not.

The one thing that has struck me is the amount of former Galaxy players. I wrote a column a few years back about how so many former Galaxy players left the club and were good players somewhere else. Off the top of my head, I had Matt Reis at goal, Briam Mullan and Brian Ching in there, also Ante Razov, DaMarcus Beasley (okay, so he never wore a Galaxy jersey but the Galaxy did have his rights). I know I'm missing lots but I don't really recall here while I'm sitting at home on a lazy Saturday afternoon.

Anyway, I had the Crew game on with Ned Grabavoy and Joseph Ngwenya on the field with Sigi Schmid coaching. Then, the K.C. game started with Kevin Hartman in goal and Sasha Victorine out wide. Now, the Houston-Chivas USA game started with Brian Mullan, Craig Waibel, Ante Razov and Brian Ching playing key roles for their clubs. Toronto-New England's on too with Matt Reis in goal for the Revs and Paulo Nagamura starting for Toronto. Tomorrow, we've got New York (Todd Dunivant) vs. FC Dallas (Carlos Ruiz) and Colorado (Gomez, Ihemelu) against Chicago.

Aside from being one of its upper-echelon clubs, the Galaxy also has been a feeder team within the league.

No comments: