Thursday, June 14, 2007

LD on teamwork

Landon Donovan answered why he passed to Eddie Johnson for the goal in the Trinidad and Tobago game instead of taking the shot himself.

"If I’m in Eddie’s spot and whoever that is doesn’t pass it, I’m going to be pretty pissed off. That happens sometimes in games and it drives me crazy when people don’t pass the ball there. It’s me with a maybe 60-70 percent chance of scoring versus him with a 90 percent chance if I get it there. That’s an easy decision for me."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if LD really thinks he had 60-70% chance of putting it away... we've all seen him screw up many breakaway chances

Anonymous said...

And we've all seen him score many breakaway chances as well.

Anonymous said...

well he missed another one on saturday

A.C. said...

Yep, he's never going to come close to becoming the leading scorer for the U.S. when he can't finish chances like that.

Oh, wait.

Anonymous said...

don't get me wrong, i actually love everything LD has done for the Galaxy and the US, but he just isn't a pure forward. he's an attacking mid forced to play forward because he can score more goals than any of our other forwards. that said, he doesn't score 60/70% of his breakaways.