Sunday, June 17, 2007

How one sees Donovan

Landon doesn't much seem to care where he's placed on the field, though I'm of the opinion that he should refine one role so that he can play that part superlatively, rather then moving back and forth and to the side.

"I’m going to find spots, whether I’m in the midfield or at forward. When I’m wide, it’s a little bit different, but it’s learning for me. It’s all positive. It’s good for me to learn how to play different ways. I don’t even think about it. If it’s right mid, forward or center. I don’t even think about it. I just go out and do what I need to do in that spot."

I'm curious as to how others see Landon's role with the national team. Should he settle on a position - and where is he best at? Share any thoughts on how and where you see him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He hesitates to tackle and he does not have the steel to play against the more physical teams in midfield. His best position is withdrawn forward.