Monday, June 4, 2007

Can you picture that?

I was at training camp today and I was kicking myself for not having my camera handy to capture the Al Dia reporter's antics.

Apparently, as sort of a running gag, they like to take pictures of celebrities holding the Al Dia paper open, just as a promo, I guess, so that readers think that famous person reads Al Dia regularly.

The thing is, Al Dia is basically a tabloid, with photos of bikini babes on nearly every page. Eddie Johnson wasn't sure what was going on when the guy tried to hand him a paper, saying, "Hold, please, please?" He wouldn't take the paper and just shook his head and kept walking.

Landon Donovan was more accommodating. He opened up to the centerfold picture, a busty brunette wearing a yellow bikini, and held the paper up for the photo, grinning.

Landon had slight second thoughts afterwards, though, saying, "My wife's probably not going to like that."

No comments: