Monday, March 12, 2007

FM the Mag


The bulk of the writing I do is for the Internet, and like Luis just mentioned in his post, you can file in the evening, go to bed and see your work posted on the site the next day. If you have editing access to the site itself, it's even quicker, because we can post our own stories. Still, there's something about getting published in an actual document that's special. So I was excited today when the latest issue of Futbol Mundial arrived at my door. I wrote a one-page article for this issue about the U.S./Mexico game. Yes, I do write in Spanish, but I've also written for the English-language version of this same magazine.

Besides this being a cool shot of Landon's goal, I like that if you study a cover photo for a while, you can pick out new things. For example, I realized I recognized Bob Bradley in this photo. There was something in particular that was a dead give-away. Anyone else see it?

4 comments:

Toddzilla said...

It's his classic legs-spread-out pose. You need to come up with a name for it...I see him do that and it makes me think of a tripod with a missing leg. "Bipod" would be technically correct...how's that?

Toddzilla said...

To complete the thought..."Bipod Bob." I think that works.

A.C. said...

Ha! Yep, you spotted it, even though only one leg is visible by Donovan's hip, the angle of it gives it away completely.

Anonymous said...

I spotted it as well - that's hilarious.