Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Awake now

Greetings to all of our new visitors. We hope you enjoy this blog and keep checking back throughout the season for info on the goings-on around here. Both Andrea and I are out at pretty much every event at HDC so we'll provide info on all teams that come through here, not just the locals.

Anyway, one other thought on the potential Crew reinforcement. I asked if the South American spoke Spanish or Portuguese. I was told he spoke Spanish. Playing the role of an excited fan, I wanted to start guessing some names but decided against it.

The first person I thought of was Ariel Ortega but that's just complete speculation on my part. But a player of that ilk could be the new unnamed player. Again, just a guess, probably way off. But it would be cool if nothing else to get a guy whose nickname is "El Burrito."

The deal was supposed to be done by either yesterday or today so let's all cross our fingers and hope it happens. How bad would it be if MLS pushed this designated player slot so only the Galaxy and New York would take advantage of it?

Anyway, now back to working on my Brad Guzan story for MLSnet.

4 comments:

A.C. said...

I'm holding out for Riquelme.

And I'm proud of Sigi - for a non-Spanish speaker, he's on the hop for some good Latino talent sometimes.

Dave said...

Maybe it's Sebastian Rozental! That would be awesome! He would be great in MLS! Go Crew! I'm sure this will work out for them!

L.B. said...

Sebastian has apparently moved on to Israel.

I hope it's not someone like him.

Anonymous said...

No way its Burrito, he just got out of alcohol rehab and River needs him until at least July for depth in Clausura/Libertadores...Plus he scored this weekend..