Friday, March 23, 2007

Blogbytes

A comment ages ago on this blog chastized us for the non-seriousness of this blog, wondering why we didn't provide more expert analysis and critiques of players. My response was that this wasn't, in my opinion, intended to be that sort of serious blog.

It doesn't mean I don't care about Sideline Views or don't take the work I put into it seriously. However, this blog started because Luis and I wanted to have a place where could put all the little trivial details and anecdotes of life as a soccer reporter in LA.

I'm a bit of an information junkie, and I figured, other people would like to get a lot of info on soccer as well, even if it's not as profound as some might prefer. I also hate to waste stuff, and sometimes there's just leftover quotes, jokes, funny pictures and things like that which wouldn't fit anywhere else I write for.

It's also more a reflection of our personalities than anything else, because it's so easy for us to post whatever we feel like, without any influence of a professional article format, length restrictions, or editors.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One thing I'm curious about, speaking of hearing things in LA, is that Whit Haskel is out as Chivas GM. What happened there? Did he get fired? Did he leave for greener pastures? Any info would be great since I'm curious....

Anonymous said...

Can't please everybody.

I, for one, love this blog, and read it everyday. Don't change a damn thing.

A.C. said...

Thanks, gg!

As far as Whit, Luis is digging up info on that. The news surprised me, because Whit seemed so committed to the concept of Chivas USA.