Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Guzan in Goal

My latest story for MLSnet is up. I wrote about Brad Guzan and his chances of starting the season off as the starter.

Chivas USA is not deep at forward and has thin-to-okay depth at other positions but they're good at goalkeeper. I firmly believe Guzan will be one of, if not the, best goalkeepers in MLS at some point in the near future. To get there, though, he's got to be consistent and that's a lot of what he talked about. Consistency.

Brad's all class too. He's never not responded to my questions even when things have not gone well for him. I remember one game where he gave up a goal that was questionable and looked offside. I saw the replay of it and it should not have counted. After the game, Brad was getting dressed and looked irritated (they lost the game too). He asked me if the disputed goal was offside and I told him that it looked like it to me. He turned to one side, angrily said a few choice words, composed himself and answered my questions.

No comments: