Sunday, March 18, 2007

Conversing with Cobi

As much as Cobi Jones has accomplished during his career with both club and country, I've got to say that he's not my favorite person to interview. He's always been a tough nut to crack for me. I know most fans usually see him as a cheery, talkative person but that mostly carries over during his television interviews.

I'm not saying he's a jerk. Not even close. But he's certainly different in front of TV cameras than in front of digital recorders.

However, the last time I talked to him was my favorite time I talked to him. We actually had a pleasant conversation instead of just a straight interview when we were talking about the US-Mexico rivalry. That will turn out to be one of my most memorable interviews really.

In case you're interested, my favorite Galaxy players to interview are Landon Donovan and Peter Vagenas.

No comments: