Sunday, March 18, 2007

Talking with Todd


When Frank Yallop arrived with the Galaxy, many figured he'd stick with Todd Dunivant at left back. Todd had shown a lot in his year-plus in L.A., had signed a long-term deal with a nice pay raise and he'd just bought a house out here.

But the cruel world of professional sports reared its head at Todd as he was traded away to New York.

Todd's always been a nice guy and always has been gracious with his time with me. Personally I was sad to see him go and I still think it was a mistake to trade him. But what's done is done.

After the Red Bulls-Chivas USA game, I talked with Todd. Before we started, we chatted briefly. My daughter Yvie was with me and she asked him if he wanted to race her. We were on the track and Yvie apparently wanted to test it out. Todd declined, though, because he had an ice pack around his knee.

No comments: