Monday, March 19, 2007

We are 138



The Los Angeles Riot Squad is the Galaxy's boisterous supporters group. Some of them showed up today for the ceremony. They usually sit in section 138 and serenade their club with their love and the opponents with, uh, well, unflattering chants.

I believe some of the fans in the first picture are part of LARS. The section of the stadium is where they usually roam, section 138.

I've actually contemplated stopping by their pre-game hangouts and having a beer with them but I don't like to show up anywhere unannounced and demand beer. Besides, I think some of them don't care much for me. Maybe this season I'll show up with some brew and have a drink or two with them, provided they welcome me with a cool chant or two, or at least a handshake or two.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are always invited to stop by. Just introduce yourself. We'll have an extra brew for you.

Cheers,

Haggis of LARS

L.B. said...

Cool. Thanks. I'll make sure and take you up on it at some point this season.

Anonymous said...

Nice Misfits reference there Luis. One of the many fine things from the / region including Onion Bag Soccer Store, Metrofanatic.com (where you'll find the O.C. er, Original Che knockoff tee w/Guevara's visage), Lupa, Cap'n America, Devil Dogs, and of course The Taurine Machine: RBNY. You and Canales are doing fine work here. Cheers from Manimal in Gotham.