Sunday, March 4, 2007

More joy for the Robles clan


When Andrea told me that Andrew Robles had been picked up by Chivas USA's Under-19 squad, I couldn't help but feel happy for him.

I had talked to him a week ago and he just seemed like a nice, genuine kid. He's very young and full of hopes and dreams. He was so nervous out there but he wasn't letting that get to him too much. He spoke highly of his brother Eder. When he told me that everyone was happy for Eder because he made and nobody in their 'hood makes it, it made me want Andrew to succeed even more.

In soccer terms, Andrew's got good potential. He's tall and his frame will fill out nicely. He just looks like a soccer player. I don't know him personally but I got a good vibe from chatting with him. I hope I have the opportunity to talk to him more and follow his career, hopefully right here with Chivas USA.

No comments: