Thursday, March 15, 2007

CCC Surprise

The CONCACAF Champion's Cup has surprised me before. Last year, the Galaxy tied Deportivo Saprissa at home, then went into the hostile territory of Costa Rica and jumped out to a two-goal lead. I was looking at upcoming opponents for the team at that point, but in the second half, Saprissa reeled in a fatigued Galaxy squad and ended up advancing. Houston basically held serve against Pachuca, while DC United lost serving advantage by not winning on their home turf, but it's only halftime, in a sense. Last year's Galaxy team can attest that a lot can change in the second half.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

last nights game (chivas vs DC) is the reason i said chivas is not anywhere near the world top 10. I do think chivas will advance, but i really think houston is a lock. I also think houston can beat chivas. time will tell, the matches should be most enjoyable.

DMH

L.B. said...

Yeah, I can see your point.

It will be a lively and entertaining series for sure.

A.C. said...

I'd feel better about Houston's chances if they didn't have to face an away game at altitude.