Thursday, February 15, 2007

Good sports

I haven't covered a lot of other pro sports besides soccer, and I have to admit, I'm probably a little spoiled.
Most soccer players are bright and articulate, and pretty patient even when reporters ask a lot of questions. Maybe some fans come visit our blog hoping for the inside scoop on the players who are real jerks, but the vast majority just aren't like that.
They generally realize that the sport needs to grow here and are willing to make extra sacrifices to help that happen. I've had players wait patiently while I write stuff down because my tape recorder doesn't work, hold off on lunch to answer a few more questions, do interviews by phone or even answer questions by email or instant message.
I mean, it's not like I can afford to call Denmark.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great interview with Pearce. You asked good questions and got good, honest answers. Good job and keep it coming!