Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Pinch hitting

I got in on some Chicago Fire action yesterday for MLSnet.com. I wrote a story on the Fire as they look ahead to Thursday's semifinal against New England. Juan Carlos Osorio and Chris Armas were on a midday conference call and I jumped in on it. The call was supposed to start at 11 a.m. my time but then it was postponed an hour which really through me for a loop but I was able to get around my scheduling conflict and get this story out.

It should be a good game. I'm abstaining from making a pick because I want to enjoy it and not know the outcome before the match. This jinx is getting ridiculous. However, I did go on the record yesterday on Around the League in 90 Minutes and pick Houston over Kansas City. Sorry, Dom.

1 comment:

JT Soccer said...

Thank you for abstaining LB ... although it would be better if you tipped NE to win.

Should be a tight match. NE won't give up much and Reis has usually been tough on the Fire. I believe that Joseph & Heap will introduce themselves ealry and often to Mr. White.

Also will be interesting to see where and how Osorio deploys Conde. The last time they played, Conde was on the left side of a midfield alongside Armas & Guiterrez in a 3-3-2-2. Of course Osorio has changed things up each match along the way on this unbeaten streak.