Wednesday, February 6, 2008

HDC qualifier

In the run-up to the U.S.-Mexico match, I missed this note and hadn't had a chance to put it up until now.

The U.S. will host a World Cup qualifier on June 15 at Home Depot Center. The match will be against either Barbados or Dominica, neither of whom apparently have an overwhelming population of ex-pats in Southern California. Otherwise, the match may have been elsewhere.

This could be the only World Cup qualifier the United States plays, if results don't go the United States' way. Of course, the odds of that happening would be around 150000 to 1.

1 comment:

Soledad said...

I'm going to go and root very loudly for Barbados (because I'll never forget what they did to The Witch of Blackbird Pond) or Dominica (because, uh ... I'm just a Bad American).

Seriously, I love rooting for the Caribbean teams.