Just a sampling of the stories out there previewing U.S-Mexico:
- Landon hate is alive and well, according to Bernardo Fallas of the Houston Chronicle.
- "A see of green can't drown out Mexico's blues," says Mark Zeigler of the San Diego Union-Tribune.
- Mexico's the most popular soccer team in the U.S., says Grahame Jones of the LA Times. (link fixed)
- Mexico's new generation may upend the U.S., says the other Luis (or am I the other Luis?), Luis Arroyave of the Chicago Tribune.
- "Wake up, America. You're missing a great rivalry. The United States vs. Mexico, in soccer." Paul Oberjuerge of the San Bernardino County Sun tries to tell non-soccer fans what us soccer lovers are well aware of.