Tuesday, February 19, 2008

No deal

Francisco Mendoza nearly became full property of Chivas Guadalajara in the offseason. Instead, he is back with Chivas USA, but in a different capacity than in years past. Mendoza doesn't have a deal yet. His contract ran out at the end of last year and he hasn't signed a new deal yet.

He told me that his agent was working on a deal and that he expected everything to be taken care of by the start of the season.

Hopefully everything works out for him. He made roughly $90,000 a year ago, or thereabouts, and in my opinion deserves something north of $100,000.


Anonymous said...

Though I think he deserves a pay raise, it should be incentive based.

Anonymous said...

Damn it, first Guzan and now Mendozza.

As a galaxy fan it's not getting any easier.

CACuzcatlan said...

^^ I hear you. It would have been good for the league and for the Galaxy to get both of those players shipped out during the transfer window.

CACuzcatlan said...

Any new word on Panchito possibly playing for either the Mexican or U.S. national team?

L.B. said...

It seems his chance of playing for Mexico has come and gone. He was apparently in the mix to get called up at the end of last year but it didn't happen.

I wouldn't count him out of Bob Bradley's plans, though. Bradley coaches him for a year with Chivas and if Mendoza gets his paperwork in order he could be in the plans. He does need to score more often, though. He's got to be more aggressive in front of the goal.

Anonymous said...

He's been consistently one of my favorite Chivas players to watch.

And I hate Chivas.