Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Vi Gavaritye Parruski?

Or something like that.

That's the only Russian phrase I know. It means "Do you speak Russian?"so if I ever ask someone that and they answer "Da" then the conversation would end because I don't. I actually checked out a little kit that helped me learn Russian on my own back when I had no life. I actually got through one chapter of the textbook but then they switched to the Russian alphabet after chapter 1. See, there was this girl... but I didn't like her that much, so I wasn't about to learn the Russian alphabet to impress her. Money and a car would have impressed her more, probably.

Anyway, Sideline Views welcomes our latest reader from Russia. I picked Russia to go through to the second round from their 2002 World Cup group but they underwhelmed their competition.

No comments: