Thursday, March 8, 2007

Temoc Time?

The other Luis has the hot tip on the Fire's chase for Cuauhtemoc Blanco. Now that I think about it, Temoc and Paco Palencia came down the mixed zone line at the recent U.S.-Venezuela right next to each other. I wonder if the two El Tri veterans (who both despised Lavolpe) talked about MLS and if Paco said Blanco should give the league a try.

Maybe that's why Temoc was even talking to the press.

I'm not sure I like the move for Blanco. I don't really think his game fits MLS. He's not fast or quick, and MLS has defenders who will punish that. They're not cool and stylish, but they will hunt and run him down all game long.

His many fans could be disappointed, and MLS fans won't understand why such a fuss was made over him in the first place.

On the other hand, Temoc is a player the league needs - enough with the simple, simple game stuff. He's original and creative and he will bust a million backheels all over the league.

No comments: