Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Cobi thanks fans

Cobi posed with this senior Galaxy fan before his ceremony started. Also by the reaction of his Riot Squad friends, the Galaxy fan who made it to the bench of their exhibition match was there.

Here's what Cobi said:

"I also want to go next to the fans. There’s a lot of them here today. Thanks guys. You can give a big cheer, you always do. I know I’m definitely going to miss going through that tunnel, whether it was here or in the Rose Bowl, hearing all the cheers and the screams. It’s going to be very different. Like everyone says, every pro athlete I’ve known through the years says, you’re going to miss the fans and those situations. I want you to know that I’m going to miss all of you and everything that you’ve given to the game. Even the guy who came and sat on the bench yesterday. (Said to an astounded Frank Yallop) Yeah, he did. You didn’t know that. He was sitting down on the bench."

No comments: