Wednesday, March 7, 2007

The Culprit

Last year I helped out FC Dallas Radio by doing weekly one-minute previews for them of Chivas USA. It was part of the MLS roundup host Ray Canevari does on his show. Anyway, Ray sent me some FC Dallas gear, like this little cap, as a gesture of thanks. I put it in my car as my emergency sun hat, because it's easy to leave the house when it's nice and cloudy and then end up on the sidelines of some game under a scorching sun for a couple of hours.

That's what happened today at the U.S./Germany U16 game, but the hat saved me. However, I then decided to stop by the Galaxy practice to get some Gold Cup thoughts from the players.

"What is with the cap?" asked Landon Donovan. I mumbled some excuse and he let it go, answering a few questions.

Joe Cannon was passing by, but he wasn't about to let my wearing of the cap pass.

"I've got to say," he stated, "that that is the ugliest hat I've ever seen."

He kept walking, but then turned back to add, "It's because you're a Carlos Ruiz fan, isn't it?"

I was tempted to say that, actually, Dario Sala was my hero, but I kept quiet, figuring I was in enough trouble already.

4 comments:

L.B. said...

Uh, well, I better not let them see me in that one jersey I got...

A.C. said...

Ha! You're right, but you're got to wear it at the Chivas USA media game this year. With your name on the back and everything, it's too cool.

Archtype said...

So as a card-carrying FC Dallas Infernite, I have to ask. Are we the Oakland Raiders of MLS?

A.C. said...

Well, I'm not sure what that means - do you mean are you the team that every other team and their fans despises and wants to beat more than any other? In MLS, there's likely a lot of competition for that slot. Colorado is a contender there, for instance - at least in Salt Lake and probably out in Dallas as well.