So Sporting KC won't go undefeated after all. Bummer. A 34-0-0 team would have been impressive. Okay, maybe that's impossible but Sporting KC nonetheless appeared headed towards another win before Saturday's game at Portland and came away empty-handed for the first time in 2012.
That was not enough to knock them off their perch. After all, they are still the best team in the league and did come away with three points from their quick swing through Cascadia.
Here's how I see the MLS teams through seven weeks of the season:
1. Sporting KC: So they're human after all, even if they dealt themselves the lethal blow.
2. San Jose: Red cards helped in win over RSL but San Jose are in top form.
3. Seattle: A week off to recharge and rediscover their attack
4. Real Salt Lake: Espindola put them in a huge hole
5. Chicago: Yeah, it was against lowly Toronto but that was an encouraging road showing
6. Houston: Ching-Bruin combination deadly once more; this is a developing force
7. New York: Terrible showing; was Marquez absence that damaging?
8. LA Galaxy: Saunders PK save helps Galaxy continue on road to recovery
9. DC United: Attack is silent one match, deadly the next
10. Vancouver: Recovered well from midweek loss to have post another clean sheet
11. Colorado: Nearly got a gift draw; still, this team's got some issues that need resolving
12. FC Dallas: Hartman's absence wasn't reason enough for loss; where was the attack?
13. Chivas USA: Is this 1-0 home loss trend someone's idea of a bad joke?
14. New England: Huge test coming up at Red Bull Arena
15. Portland: So the Timbers can hold on to leads
16. Philadelphia: Not a bad result at HDC at all; boring team but it might work
17. Columbus: Offense wakes up just in time to see the defense suffer
18. Montreal: A road point! Hey, anything on the road for them deserves an exclamation mark
19. Toronto FC: As bad as season has gone, firing Winter will only make it worse