This wasn't exactly a defining week; can't have that until a little bit later in the season. However, there were some teams who showed more than they have been, for both good and bad, and that will reflect in my latest rankings.
1. Sporting KC. If they're not number one in every single power ranking across the web, then something is wrong.
2. Real Salt Lake. Tremendous grit and determination to overcome late deficit.
3. Seattle Sounders. Tough home setback; maybe they took the 'Quakes too lightly?
4. San Jose. Few gave them credit for 3-0 win at Toronto, but 1-0 win at Seattle is no fluke.
5. Colorado. Shook off bad outing in NY with solid home win.
6. Houston. Stingy defense needs a strong attack to match.
7. Columbus. It wasn't such a tough opponent but 1-0 road wins are always strong.
8. New York. Henry in top form all season could be runaway MVP.
9. Chicago. Could have shown better resolve on road, but then again Fire never win at Rapids.
10. New England. Not gonna anoint Jay Heaps as Coach of the Year yet but may have been wrong about Revs.
11. DC United. Dropped four on FC Dallas and made it look easy.
12. Vancouver. Listless attack; at least there's hope.
13. FC Dallas. Hyndman needs some butter leather magic.
14. Portland. Terrible way to lose a game.
15. Chivas USA. Four games, all 1-0 results. Too bad only one has gone their way.
16. LA Galaxy. The bottom has fallen out.
17. Toronto FC. Will to win is there as CCL proved but has to pay off in league sometime.
18. Montreal. Ugly losses like this one will continue, sad to say.
19. Philadelphia. A point does not exactly atone for the team's horrid start