Friday, January 5, 2007

MAYBEckham

Standing outside of the fence yesterday, watching the national team train under Bob Bradley, were two LA Galaxy players. Ante Jazic and Alan Gordon had come in for some off-season weight training and stopped by to check the scene out.

Jazic asked me if Beckham was coming to join the club.

"You guys would be his new teammates, shouldn't you be the ones to know first?" I asked.

Jazic shrugged. "We don't know. We hear it's a 'maybe'."

I mentioned to Gordon, a tall forward, that he should be happy about Beckham's arrival, if it happened, since he could be a beneficiary of Beckham's crosses.

"That's true," he answered. "Put in a good word with Alexi, will you?"

"For Beckham? I don't think he needs my recommendation."

"No," Gordon responded, "Put in one for me."