Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Catching Up With Technology

It seems like this is a bit of a time warp. When Sideline Views was at its peak, things were a bit different. Damn, that makes it sound like this was back in the 1980s or something, but technology has a way of doing that to you.

One minute you're in awe of a laptop that weighs a couple of pounds and the next minute your phone has more power and can do more things than that laptop ever could.

I was not on Twitter in 2008, when he shut this blog down... well, I guess now we can say that it was on an indefinite hiatus. I was probably on Facebook then but definitely not Twitter. I couldn't blog from my phone, although I think I had a BlackBerry by then, pretty sure I did.

Now Twitter has given me a different forum on which to spout of, and my phone allows me to do some mobile blogging. That would have come in handy just last week when I was out at Galaxy training and realized that Landon Donovan wasn't out there.

I seem to recall times when I was out at training and something blogworthy happened but not being able to share it until I got to my laptop or a PC. That's different now, of course.

Now what the hell's the point of this rambling? I guess I'm just trying to figure out how to integrate the blog with all of the other things I have going on in terms of media, how to slide this back into the rotation and how to use Twitter/FB to help make this blog purr once again.

No comments: