Sunday, April 10, 2011

Back For More

Wow. I can't believe I'm here. I thought this old dusty blog was gone for good, but when Andrea asked me about possibly bringing this trusty blog back to life, I immediately told her I was in.

And thus, after two and a half years, we have new Sideline Views posts.

Crazy.

I'd actually been longing for this, for another outlet to just post stuff. I mean, I've always felt like I lucked out into covering soccer for a living, that I was at the right place at the right time and then everything came together. I worked hard to be where I'm at today, but still, I feel as if I lucked out. So I like to share as much as possible with soccer fans. I'm not exactly talking newsie stuff, the people who pay me have all that info. But the stuff that's interesting but doesn't fit anywhere else.

I've been hanging around the LA Galaxy quite a bit the last two years as I'm their beat writer for MLSsoccer.com. There's a lot happening with that club, as you would expect, so there's a lot of thoughts and not-quite-news stuff that has just gone by the wayside because I had nowhere to put it.

I have a twitter account (@RunnerLuis) but even there, you're quite limited in what you have to say.

Also, with the goings-on in soccer in general, from MLS to the U.S. national team, I've had a lot of thoughts and opinions stifled.

But no more! Sideline Views has returned, and I'm very excited that it has.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome back A.C. and L.B., hang in there, it will take a while to get the crowd back. I didn't remove Sideline Views from my Google Reader subscription hoping you guys would come back, and here you are, now we need to spread the word.