Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Practicing Preki


I admit, I like Preki. I used to love watching him play and admired his ability to create space and unload from anywhere on the field. He was my favorite player for a while. It's kind of strange dealing with him on a daily basis. The first time I interviewed him, which was sometime in 1998, I told him how great I thought his goal against Brazil in the Gold Cup was, a game I was fortunate enough to watch from the stands. I forget sometimes how much I admired him as a player.

Anyway, he's a unique person. He's still got a passion for the game but he's not like most coaches I've dealt with. Today, for instance, while the team went through their drills, he jogged around the field, occasionally stopping and taking some of it in.

1 comment:

brucio said...

luis,
i too was another of the less than 15,000 in attendance for the gold cup win over brazil
i still have my ticket stub to prove it
hahahahahha
bruce