Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Car Talk

Forbes has a bit here on the cars soccer stars drive, and they mention that they don't actually know what is David Beckham's latest model of Porsche.

Well, it's not often that this blog will ever scoop Forbes, but I saw Beckham in his ride just last week pulling out of the parking lot (he gave a little wave).

So I can reveal to our readers exclusively that the car. . .

Is black.

I'm not holding back, I just don't know that much about cars to remember what differentiates one model from another. It was a black convertible Porsche. Very shiny.

In my defense, I don't write much about cars.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet

artnsue said...

Interesting article....This link is really cool and informative. Ranks all the high end performance cars in all their various specs: 0-60 times, weight, Engine size and type, horsepower, torque, cost/month etc (and is sortable):
http://www.performancecarnews.com/
Fastest-Cars-0-60.asp?Process=ShowTable
Becks will go 0-60 in 3.6 secs with his 480 HP H6 turbo but it set him back $138K and has a "Dollars for Desire Factor" of $1,739

Anonymous said...

as the article says that becks likes to sell his cars...does the new owner get to ride around with the number 23 plastered across the headrest and the wheels? would be funny if the new owner rode around with it and got papped because they thought it was david

The Hammer said...

Porsche, eh? Becks has a great taste in cars, and he was bound for LA, this being the best market for Porsche worlwide.

Anonymous said...

I saw footage of the team arriving at the HDC for el classico. They showed the cars in the parking garage and I noticed bentley gt. Now I know almost every player in world footy has one and I'm sure becks does, but I wanted to know if he got one in LA. Any confirmation that he has a Bentley GT over in Cali?

A.C. said...

I don't know if the Bentley is David's. Tom Cruise also parked in the underground stadium garage for the SuperClasico.