Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Great game indeed

When Landon Donovan came over to a group of us after Tuesday's training session, the first thing I offered was a congratulations on the win and the goal-scoring mark. Then, I told him that I thought that the game was great and one of the best I've seen them play.

Then, he said heard the same from a lot of people and told us about one particular situation he encountered:

"I left the hotel right after to go get some pizza and I heard some guy, some guy who you knew was definitely not a soccer fan and I heard him on the phone saying ‘Dude, that was one of the coolest sporting events I’ve ever been to.’ It’s just kind of cool to see that. I’m sure there quite a few random people who have never been to a big soccer game before so it’s good to put on a good show and win, obviously."

1 comment:

The Beautiful Game said...

great stuff luis, it's content like this that makes me love this blog