Monday, January 1, 2007

Dreaming

Being the sports junkie that I am, I'm wrapping up another New Year's Day spent watching college football. As I type, I'm rooting Boise State on in the Fiesta Bowl. The game is being played at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz.

Which got me to thinking... well, fantasizing is more like it...

The same field that the Broncos are looking to make history will be the same field that the United States and Mexico will renew their bitter rivalry on Feb. 7. The stadium and surroundings and scene from Monday will be repeated. There may not be as many people there to watch U.S.-Mexico and there certainly won't be the same attention given to it by American media and the American public at large but all of Mexico will be watching as El Tri ushers in the Hugo Sanchez Era.

I'll be one of those in attendance. Glendale is about a four-and-a-half hour drive from my Riverside home. I'll be taking off sometime Wednesday morning and will check out the luscious new stadium as it welcomes its first international soccer match.

Hmmm... my mouth is starting to water...

No comments: