I have had the worst experience with my internet, with Charter internet. I've had ongoing problems and I thought they would have been resolved today but no. Yesterday a technician came out and couldn't fix it but he said I didn't need to be home today for them to fix it. So of course when I get home, I have a thing on my door saying Sorry We Missed You and then the #@*!* proceeds to write on the note that they have to dig a trench or some crap, the same exact thing the guy on Monday told me. WELL NO CRAP!!
I'm looking into other options. I can't get AT&T dsl out here where I live because apparently I live out in the sticks. I'm looking into Earthlink. Anyone know anything about that? I hate dial-up.
I am so infuriated right now. Argh indeed. I wish I had some big story waiting to be written, like if I had been mad yesterday I could have added some venom into the SI story just for kicks. When I'm emotional, whether it's sadness or joy or rage or whatever is when I write my best. I think one of my better columns I've written recently, maybe ever, was the US-Mexico fallout a month ago. I was angry when I wrote that, angry at the Mexican players for the same old tired crap excuses they gave. Grrrr....
I better get off this blog here before I write something I'll regret later, like that one time when I wrote that the one team that wasn't here would be like missing out and so the other team would not and then... yeah... that went well.
No idea what it's like in California, but I have Earthlink high-speed in Texas and it works fine. It's provided through the cable lines of Time Warner. That probably isn't much help.
ReplyDeleteGood luck...